OPEN CALL: 2019 Month of Photography Los Angeles Photo Books
Month of Photography Los Angeles is accepting submissions for a juried Official MOPLA Exhibition dedicated to the photo book.
DEADLINE: February 22, 2019
WHO CAN APPLY:
Submit books that were independently or commercially published and distributed from anywhere in the world within the last 24 months.
Eligible books include - self published, handmade, exhibition catalogues, book dummies, zines, and limited/special edition photo books.
SUBMIT IN FOUR EASY STEPS:
1. Complete the submission form with your personal info.
2. Upload 1-20 digital images and include atleast one image of the book cover, or upload a complete PDF of the book.
3. Pay the $20 submission fee.
4. Optional - Mail book(s) to Lucie Foundation office.
PLEASE SHIP BOOKS TO:
Lucie Foundation, c/o MOPLA Photo Books, 1318 E 7th St., Los Angeles, CA 90021
Books must be postmarked by February 22, 2019.
Is there a limit to the number of entries per artist?
No, you may submit as many entries as you like.
How should I prepare my files?
Please prepare your files according to the specifications below.
- JPG only, NO TIF, GIF, PNG, PDF files will be accepted.
- 72 DPI
- 800 pixels on the longest side
- RGB, Grayscale, Black and White accepted, no CMYK.
- Naming your files: Firstname, Underscore, Lastname, Number. For Example: John_Smith_1.jpg, John_Smith_2.jpg up to the corresponding number of images you are submitting.
When will the curation be announced?
Selected artists will be notified in March 2019.
How will I know if my submission was selected?
If your submission was selected to participate in MOPLA, you will be contacted directly through the email which you provided in the submission form.
When and where will the festival take place?
MOPLA 2019 will take place in April throughout the city of Los Angeles.
Will my book be returned after the jurying of the MOPLA Photo Book Exhibition?
If you would like your book returned, please send it along with prepaid packaging and postage and we will return it after the jurying process. If your book is selected for inclusion in the exhibition it will be returned once the exhibition is over.
*This submission process DOES NOT guarantee that your work will be selected to exhibit during Month of Photography Los Angeles.