Submit a thematic body of work for exhibition consideration in one of our curated projection series on public screens and billboards in Downtown Los Angeles.
See previous projections at https://vimeo.com/mopla.
DEADLINE: February 22, 2019
WHO CAN APPLY:
The MOPLA Projections Open Call is open to both emerging and established photographers and curators worldwide over the age of 18.
SUBMIT IN THREE EASY STEPS:
1. Complete the submission form with your personal info.
2. Upload up to 20 digital images.
3. Pay the $10 submission fee.
• Artists must be the sole authors and owners of the copyright of the artwork, this includes obtaining releases for any identifiable persons featured in the photograph, visible brands or logos are also forbidden.
• Please provide photos that are at least 2000px on their longest side at 72dpi
• Please name your files Lastname_Firstname_1, Lastname_Firstname_2, etc.
• Due to the public nature of the media facadeS, we cannot allow obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. There are also traffic laws prohibiting content playing at extremely high speeds.
Is there a limit to the number of entries per artist?
No, you may submit as many entries as you like.
Can I send print materials, books or CD’s?
No, MOPLA accepts online submissions only.
When will the selected exhibitions be announced?
Artists selected to participate in the Projections series will be notified in March 2019.
How will I know if my submission was selected?
If your submission was selected to participate in MOPLA, you will be contacted directly through the email which you provided in the submission form.
When and where will the festival take place?
MOPLA 2019 will take place in April throughout the city of Los Angeles.
*This submission process DOES NOT guarantee that your work will be selected to exhibit during Month of Photography Los Angeles. While all submissions are reviewed by our team, not all submissions will be selected.